Sitting at a desk all day can really take a toll on your health in many ways, and when you work from home that is really easy to do. In this episode we take a deep dive into ways you can stay active and healthy without being overwhelmed. We are by no means health experts but we have learned some tough lessons along the way and want to highly this topic. It often gets pushed to the side but is truly vital when working from home, often in isolation.
- 1:30 - The reality of working from home and staying healthy.
- 5:14 - How working in isolation affects your activity.
- 7:47 - A standing desk can help you change positions.
- 9:48 - The chair you sit in can really affect your posture and reduce pain. Investing in a good chair is a great idea if you work from home.
- 11:38 - You can build movement into the context of your daily tasks.
- 19:11 - Habits we want to build. Everyone is different but it’s good to have goals.
- 22:47 - If you taking nothing else from this episode, DRINK WATER. Coffee is great, but water is life.
- 27:40 - Kyle celebrates 7 years of no soda.
- 28:58 - This video will change your mind about soda.
- 33:44 - Working at a desk means you’re already at a disadvantage.
- 35:23 - Find even the smallest steps you can take to a healthier routine.
- 42:21 - There are a lot of free options and resources out there.
- 45:03 - James Clear has a great book called Atomic Habits that helps break down habit building into easy steps. We strongly recommend giving it a read.
- 49:18 - Start doing something now before you find yourself in a terrible situation. Kyle ended up in a wheelchair.