What do you think working from home will look like in 5 years? What about 15 years? The landscape could look completely different, so why not get some insight from someone who has worked from home that long? On today’s show we welcome our good friend Sean McCabe of seanwes to talk about automating processes, setting up systems, and developing a work environment over the better part of 15 years.
- 1:41 - We welcome Sean McCabe from seanwes to the show, and he talks about his brand and media agency.
- 2:52 - Sean talks about his experience working from home (15+ years!)
- 5:19 - Discussing how things have changed in the remote work landscape over the last decade or so.
- 9:00 - Sean talks about his setup that he’s honed in over the years to be a absolute productivity center.
- 13:04 - We talk about the implications of augmented reality in the work-from-home environment.
- 16:20 - Setting up automations on your devices can help you work faster and more efficiently.
- 21:31 - If you do something more than once, automate it. Learn what’s possible and spend a some time helping your future self do their work more efficiently.
- 23:28 - Start by learning just one thing. (SaveTime.blog)
- 26:31 - Text snippets and clipboard history are more than worth your time to look into.
- 28:31 - Automation allows you to get your work done in less time, and also allows you to do more of what you want to do.
- 32:02 - For more advanced users, working on reducing the amount of time switching between your keyboard and your can save you loads of time over time.
- 35:55 - Try something. You don’t have to be an automation guru overnight, but there may be some shortcuts and hotkeys that can help reduce your work stress.
- 38:55 - Peace and quiet can be a huge benefit to working at home (for some people).
- 44:10 - Communication with the others in your household is vital to establishing a healthy work context.
- 46:45 - We talk about how we each feel about working from home at a foundational level.
- 50:35 - You have to know yourself and how you work best. Make your own schedule, environment, and work context.
- 52:05 - Sean shares about his sabbatical year that ended up not going as planned, but how he adapts to changes in environment and life circumstance.
- 55:17 - Decide what you want to accomplish in your day the day before.
Check out Sean’s work: