Going from working in a huge building with hundreds of co-workers to a work-from-home environment can be scary. How do you stay disciplined? How do you take advantage of the fact that you actually now have no commute? How do you stay creative in your home space? On today’s show we welcome designer and YouTuber Charli Marie Prangley to talk about her thoughtful approach to work space, how she manages side projects and full time work, and how she manages to stay disciplined through her workdays.
- 1:30 - We welcome Charli to the show and talk about how long she’s been working remotely.
- 2:46 - Self discipline helps with working from home and getting side projects done.
- 4:58 - What Charli does now as creative director.
- 6:14 - Charli shares what her home setup looks like.
- 8:13 - Having separate workspaces is really important, especially when you’re inclined to work too much.
- 13:20 - Separate meeting and work time helps with organization.
- 19:39 - Working from home allows so for much freedom.
- 20:24 - Working from home can also be really lonely.
- 22:55 - Working in an office can give you really good tools for working from home.
- 27:15 - Charli shares more about her workspace.
- 30:13 - Filling your space with things that are beautiful to you helps you do your best work.
- 34:52 - Working with your headphones on can put your in a very specific headspace.
- 39:00 - Charli shares her favorite thing about working from home.
- 39:17 - Charli shares her least favorite thing about working from home.
- 39:48 - Charli shares advice for working from home.
Find Charli’s work and updates on her website: charlimarie.com